Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Our little Willy …

Well everyone, the moment you thought would NEVER be here....we got a puppy!   (I think Sam was satisfying my urge for a (gasp) 'nother baby everytime I see one these days.)

So .... we got Willy.  I'm not too keen on the name, but Sam thinks it fits him and well, I guess it does.  He knows his name so I guess we can’t change it, but he looks more like a “Buddy.”  The girls have taken to calling him Dog.   "Come here dog", "sit down dog", "dog, here's your treat."  I think that's funny, Dog.  Maybe we should go all Randy Jacksonish and just change his name to "DAWG".  LOL!

Here's some pictures of Willy.  He's 4 months old - bulldog and lab mix.  He's going to be a big boy...his paws are huge.  The kids positively love him - Zach's new "job" is to feed the dog everyday.  I think I'm going to make him a chore chart and pay him a small allowance (1.00??) for his "chores."  He thinks it's pretty cool that he gets to feed the "dog".  

Here’s some pictures of our new four legged friend.  And before you even ask – he slept in his crate without barking, crying or yelping … ALL NIGHT LONG.  He goes to the door when he wants to go out, and he does not jump or beg.  He has not chewed anything up (yet!!)  And when he wants to rest or get away from the kids, he just goes to his crate and lays there with his head out.  Ummm,  yeah.  We’ve got the world’s most mellow cat and now the puppy to match….we sure lucked out.  (Speaking of the cat, Gracie isn’t too happy about Willy.  She does not freak out as much as when Moxie is here – maybe because he is so much bigger? – but she definitely gets AIRPLANE ears when the dog is by her.   When they first met, Willy just went up and licked her.  I think she didn’t know WHAT to think!  I’m sure Gracie is walking by Willy’s crate in the night meowing to herself “nah nah….I’m out here, you’re in there”!!)

Here’s some pictures of the little guy:

 

IMG_8855 IMG_8856 IMG_8859 IMG_8861 IMG_8863 IMG_8870 IMG_8871 IMG_8873

No comments: