Monday, November 17, 2008

Experimentation with ..........

PhotoShop!

So I got PhotoShop awhile ago, and I tried it out, but it's pretty overwhelming to the novice hobby photographer, layers and gradients and histograms .... and even after I bought "PhotoShop for Dummies" ... I still kind of just have been ignoring the little icon.

Here's my first attempt at "editing" some of my photos. Just the tones, sharpening a little bit, filters .... I definitely don't get the whole layering concept yet and I'm a hands on learner - so just trial and error (it took me hours to get these, lol!) However, the different looks you can create with PhotoShop and how much more...professional they come out looking after a bit of retouching are amazing! Next on my agenda will be to learn how to chop the head off one body and paste it on another, so I can quit bugging my neighbor to put this smiling face in this picture ... (heehee!) Oh and if someone can easily explain to me how to add color to a certain area of the photo, for example, changing someones eye color or bringing the color out in a specific area (say, the leaves, or an area on the shirt, etc.) I'd greatly appreciate it. (Smile, say cheese!)

Before......


After.....

Before.......


After......

Have a great night everyone!

Love,
xoxoxo





No comments: