Wednesday, October 1, 2008

You have GOT to see this (seriously)

Ok, I wasn't going to blog today because I'm quite sick (really, really sick actually.) But I caught this interview on TV tonight so I had to come up and see if I could find it on CBS.

Apparently Katie Couric interviewed both VP candidates prior to tomorrow's debate ...and this is just a clip of the interview. The question is about Roe V. Wade, (which as you know her position on this decision is an issue for me, but that is NOT the point of this post.)

I don't care where you stand on the Roe V. Wade debate, or how much you like John McCain or can't stand Obama. You may even think Ms. Palin is a hottie (if you can get past that nasally voice) ... but OH MY GOSH.....you have GOT to watch this (YOU TOO SAM!!!) She sounds like a complete idiot (sorry - but seriously) here. I mean, not only can't she answer Katie's question - which would be tough for 99% of the population but 99% of the population isn't the next VP!!! In addition, she completely babbles because she doesn't know what to say. And this is the leader of the team McCain is going to surround himself with??? This is the person who could be running our country and making deals with the President of Iran or the leaders in N. Korea if something happens to "Joe six-pack?"
My guess is this is why the McCain camp has been keeping Palin's mouth shut since she's been announced.
You'll love this too, I also caught this tonight on the news so I Googled to get the exact story.
Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) told conservative talk-radio host Hugh Hewitt yesterday that she will represent "Joe six-pack" as vice president, and that critics have been caught off guard by her identity as a regular American. It's time that normal Joe six-pack American is finally represented in the position of the vice presidency, and I think that that's kind of taken some people off guard, and they're out of sorts, and they're ticked off about it," Palin said.
"But it's motivation for John McCain and I to work that much harder to make sure that our ticket is victorious, and we put government back on the side of the people of Joe six-pack like me," Palin added.
According to "dictionary.com" - here is the definition of joe six-pack - since I'd never heard this term before, so I just looked it up.
Main Entry: Joe Sixpack
Part of Speech: n
Definition: lower-middle-class or blue-collar male; also written [Joe Six-Pack]
Etymology: from average 'Joe' watching TV with a six-pack of beer
Usage: derogatory slang


You know, I really dislike this woman as choice for our VP and a possible President. John McCain isn't some spring chicken so it's not that far fetched for her to actually BECOME the Prez during the next four years . I have voted (R) in the past and actually (believe it or not) side with the Republicans on many issues. My reasons for disliking Sarah Palin are so fervent because she is WAY too conservative for me, and many of her key positions are "deal breakers" for me when choosing a candidate. I think there are many Republicans who would make fine presidents whose beliefs fall a little more in line with mine. However .... I have to tell you - I actually almost feel bad for Ms. Palin. She's completely out of her element - in this race (my opinion.) Maybe she does OK in small town Alaska where the press doesn't umm....press....as hard, but she is in WAY over her head in DC and to hear these interviews.... she's really making herself and the McCain campaign look foolish. Can you seriously see her sitting down and negotiating KEY international decisions for us? Seriously just think about that for a second after you've just watched that interview. Now I know GW Bush makes lots of really funny (and dumb) errors when speaking. But at least he knows what he's talkng about - he just can't spit it out, much to our amusement most of the time. Really - it's unfortunate that John McCain put Sarah Palin in this position to be mauled by the media and basically ..... humiliated. I just have to question his reasons for choosing her as his running mate.


1 comment:

Amanda Miyata said...

that video is hilarious!