Sunday, May 29, 2011

There is always, always, always something to be thankful for...

I saw this sign at TJ Maxx the other day and had to buy it.  It's true - there is always, always, always something to be thankful for.  And I'm so thankful for my kids who love me unconditionally and "to the moon and back" (our special saying) and for my friends and family who are helping me get through this tough time.  I move out of our house that we've been in for the last 4 1/2 years into a small apartment in historic Ghent (Norfolk) in 18 days and I'm actually kind of excited about it.  I think the kids will love it - and I am enjoying decluttering my life - just yesterday alone I filled 5 trash bags FULL with just crap we've collected (thrown in the closet, the attic, etc.)  I've got about 10 bags of clothes for goodwill and it's so freeing to be able to get rid of so much and start this new chapter in my life organized like I used to be. 

Anyway, I wanted to say happy Memorial Day to all of the people who have served or are serving to protect my freedom.  I am thankful for each and every one of you.   A few years ago I went to Argonne American Cemetery where our WW1 vets who died in France are buried.  I LOST it when I saw the markers that say "Here rests in honored glory AN AMERICAN SOLDIER known but to God."   
Here are some pictures from a previous blog post I did back in 2008.

http://tramontanamemories.blogspot.com/2008/08/bonjour-last-leg-of-our-trip-paris.html

Love,

Rachel x0x0



"Our tendency can be to dwell on the negative, or to nag about what we do not like. However, this negativity will only strengthen the very actions or behaviors we feel negative about. The best strategy (and a much more pleasant way to live) is to seek out the positive (even when it is hard to see!) and praise it up & down. Think of it this way-whatever we give attention to will grow. " ~ Brooke Noel


No comments: