Thursday, June 12, 2008

The girls are coming...the girls are coming!

I don't know if I've mentioned it to you all.....but my nieces, Kiersten (11) and Samantha (9) are coming from Wisconsin to spend the summer with us! They fly into DC on Friday (their first EVER plane ride!!) and we're going to give them the whole DC tour (think GB will invite us to dinner, maybe? I'd love to get a tour of the house!) I'll even pretend to be a republican for the day!! Heeheee!!! <--Smile!!!
Here's a picture of my nieces, with their little adorable brother Dawson (who's 5) and my sister Shannon. Actually, they're all a year younger in this picture since it was taken at Christmas ... but look how tall my nieces are.....OMG! Kiersten is 11 and is 5'4 and a size 9 shoe!!!!! Sammy is not that far behind from what I understand. Apparently I got the "short end of the stick"(no pun intended - yea, right) as far as the height genes in my family.


I haven't seen them in about 3 years and I CAN'T WAIT to have them out here....they get here on Saturday morning!!! They've never been to Virginia or seen the ocean, and they're going to LOVE IT! I can't wait to show them all the wonderful things we have out here and hopefully we can make it an annual "visit" they (I) get to look forward to, and maybe next year we can have Dawson come along too ....we just thought it might be too much this year. We're going to have a houseful this summer....Kayla and Ben come out on July 8th, Sam's mom comes out on July 10th ....but it's going to be wonderful having so much family close by!!

No comments: