Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Mother's Day...

Let's see, it started off with me sleeping in. Like really sleeping in...Sam even came in to retrieve a little one from the room when he came in to wake me up. They were too excited to give me their "Mother's Day" card!!

A little while later, they all came in and jumped on the bed to give me their card. It was so cute - a picture of them on the front and when you open it, it was their voice saying "Happy Mother's Day ... we love you Mom!!!" So I came downstairs to wonderful pecan Belgian waffles (my FAVORITE) ... with blueberries, strawberries and hot syrup. I lounged around a little while we pondered what to do today - a breezy 75 degree sunny and perfect day - and we came up with the zoo.

The kids haven't been to the zoo since last year and now they really seem to "understand" going to the zoo means seeing cool animals and riding the train, etc. They had a BLAST! Each new animal brought ooohs and ahhhs ... and the Norfolk, VA zoo is the perfect size for small kids - we did not bring the wagon, they walked the whole park (could be why they were asleep tonight by 7:15 and I mean SLEEPING at 7:15).

Anyway, it was a great day!

On another note, Kayla and Ben continue to excel in their sports. Ben is playing for the CUBS in his baseball league (he's the pitcher) and Kayla just got first place overall at her latest competition for her solo, Seduces Me. Here's some pictures of her dance yesterday - her mom sent these to us..... and they're incredible.









Love,
xoxoxo





No comments: