Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Can we go swimming?

Since our nanny can't take the kids to the YMCA by herself, we got a little "Kiddie" pool for the kids to swim in. They think this is the best thing since sliced bread! (Whoever thought of that dumb saying anyway? Bread has always come sliced in MY lifetime!!) We put it on the deck because our back yard has so many trees that we don't get that much grass, unfortunately (anyone have any suggestions for THAT? Fake grass??) So this way there isn't as much mud. (See, I told you all I have dirty-kid-a-phobia!!) Anyway, it's been nice because they really wouldn't be able to play outside otherwise, it's been so darn HOT! I mean REALLY REALLY HOT. Like 103 degrees and HUMID. At 6:30 the other night I was sitting on the front porch watching the kids play in the grass for about 15 minutes and I was literally sweating - after just 15 minutes. I have definitely not acclimated very well to the Virginia humidity.


Anyway, here's some pictures of the kids splashing around having a blast in their new "pool"!





Not to brag (Ok, yes, I'm bragging a little...but Addison has one of the cutest, happiest smiles!!!)




No comments: